Saturday, February 28, 2009

Welcome Home!

Last night I stopped by the repair shop and picked up my Kitchen-Aid mixer. It's been broken for 3 (really long) months now. It's finally fixed. I was so excited to see it, I patted it on the "head" and said, "hi, baby!" just like it was a kenneled pet. I know that sounds crazy, but I've had this mixer for almost 13 years. It's white, with 325 watts of power and a 5-quart bowl. It's moved with us 5 times (usually in my car, not in the moving van), lived with us in 4 states and been repaired 3 times. So it's practically part of the family. It's made countless cakes, buttercreams, yeast breads, bagels, muffins and even a few sweet-potato casseroles. I still can't believe I made it through an entire holiday season without it. (It broke just before Thanksgiving. Bagel dough was the culprit.)

Anyway, it's back and I'm a happy girl. It's too bad that I gave up sweets for Lent, or I'd be downstairs right now mixing up a cake. I'm going to make bagels tomorrow. I'm going to watch the mixer VERY carefully. If it breaks tomorrow, I might just kill myself. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment